Announcing the release of Squeeze Server 2.6.
Key New Features
- HTTP Live Streaming (HLS) Encryption - Create encrypted index files to make sure your HLS videos stream securely
- Mirroring of Watch Folder sub-directories - Mirror the folder structure of your watch folders in your output directory to keep your output files organized
- Pre-/Post-Roll segments - Now you can combine up to three source files. Choose your pre- or post-roll source just like choosing the main source. Can even be added to a Watch Folder.(Although all files would have the same pre- or post-roll clip appended to it.)
- Multirate bundle encoding (ex. encode to multiple adaptive bit rate formats simultaneously)
- Embed closed-captions (scenarist .scc files) as EIA-608/EIA-708 into broadcast streams
New UI features:
- Intuitive interface for browsing and defining directory locations. Type in drive letter and then you can browse. If you don't put in a drive letter it will default to c:\ Can be used on AWS, FTP, etc
- Table of Contents for easier navigation on Watch Folder Creation page. There is now table of contents is constantly viewable on the left side to more easily navigate the Watch Folder settings.
- Access Squeeze Server documentation (PDFs) via the web UI. Go to Admin > Documentation
- Squeeze Desktop 9.4, will be available exclusively to Squeeze Server customers for use with Squeeze Server 2.6.
- Optimized algorithm for utilization of transfer bandwidth, Optimize Transfer Bandwidth Utilization check-box. This will avoid multiple jobs download at a time and instead download sequentially. This can make a single job much faster, however a job with many files might be slowed overall. (I.e. first fine in job will be done much faster but entire job may take slightly longer.)
- HTTP Live Streaming index files conformed to newest Apple specifications (except the 64bit audio only stream) Support for #EXT-X-VERSION tag in HLS index files (.m3u8)