Where you choose to install and use Squeeze Server is up to you. We recommend running Squeeze Server as close to your source content as possible. If your source files are in the cloud (such as on Amazon S3), you can run Squeeze Server in the cloud as well.
Squeeze Server is intended to be easily integrated into your existing workflow with a set of REST web services for configuration and operation, and a basic web-based administration tool.
System Recommended Specifications:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or Server 2012 x64(Standard or Enterprise)
- Processor: 2GHz or faster
- Memory: 8GB RAM or greater, or 2GB per physical processor core
- Available Hard Disk Space: 1TB or greater recommended
System Minimum Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 or Server 2012 x64 (Standard or Enterprise; HPC edition is not supported)
- Processor: 1.4GHz
- Memory: 4GB RAM
- Available Hard Disk Space: 40G
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 2008 Server R2 x64 Enterprise
- Processor: Dual Quad Core Intel Xeon 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache
- Memory: 16GB DDR3 SDRAM
- Hard Disk: 2 x 600GB SATA 6Gb/s HDD with RAID 0 configuration
Note: Source video files are temporarily stored on the computer during compression. The computer will need to have enough free disc space to store the source files, compressed files as well as space for the files that are being uploaded to the server in preparation for compressing. Squeeze Server can compress up to two files per CPU core at a time, depending on overall load and the type of compression, and you must account for multiple outputs from a single source.