For more information on the restrictions and uses of Squeeze Desktop please see the End User License Agreement.
- Windows 8 or 10
- 1 GHz or faster CPU with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2
- 2 GB of RAM
- 200 MB of available hard-disk space
- QuickTime 7.2 or later
- DirectX 9.0b or later
- Mac OS 10.10, 10.11, 10.12, and 10.13
- Intel-based processor
- 2 GB RAM or greater
- 200 MB available hard drive space
*Mac specific compatibility issues
- Squeeze versions 7 and older are unable to be installed onMac OS 10.8 and higher. You can upgrade your older copy of Squeeze to Squeeze 9 here.
- Squeeze versions 7 and older can be installed on Mac OS 7 but requires following special instructions here.
*Windows Server OS Restriction
Squeeze Desktop is not licensed for use on Windows Server OS's as per the End User License Agreement:
1. Permitted Uses Of Software.However, you can install Squeeze Server on a Windows Server OS (Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012). For more information on Squeeze Server see our main Squeeze Server page or contact the Sales team at email@example.com.C. You may not utilize the Software or its "Command Line" functionality to install the Software on server machines.
NVIDIA CUDA* (optional)
Sorenson Squeeze does not require a CUDA-enabled NVIDIA graphics card to encode video. However, if you would like to take advantage of the new GPU accelerated encoding in Squeeze you will need to have an CUDA-enabled GPU with a minimum memory of 512MB. For more information see H.264 GPU Acceleration in Sorenson Squeeze
*NOTE: CUDA encoding not supported in newest versions of Squeeze
CUDA support was first introduced in Squeeze Desktop 7 and most versions of Squeeze Server. Since the introduction of CUDA GPU acceleration we have found the encoding to be below our standards of quality.
With the introduction of our CPU Parallel Encoding feature we have been able to create higher quality output files that encode faster than with the GPU Acceleration. The MainConcept Codec, required for CUDA encoding, no longer supports CUDA GPU Acceleration. This means that the latest CUDA cards will not be supported.