Here are are the new features included in Squeeze Server 3:
- New OS Support - Squeeze Server 3 now supported on Windows Server 2012 R2
- 4K Resolution Presets - Our latest release aims at addressing the growing demand to support 4K. We designed two specific 4K Presets, one for H.264 and one for x265 that will offer preliminary 4K output support to our users.
- HEVC/x265 Video Codec - High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), also called H.265, is a next generation video codec successor to H.264. Squeeze 10 is the first transcoding software provider to support HEVC encoding and decoding. HEVC is designed to double the data compression compared to H.264 at the same level of video quality which translates into improved video quality at lower bit rates.
- VP9 Video Codec - The successor to the VP8 Flash and WebM video codec is an open and royalty free next generation video compression standard developed by Google. VP9 is designed to reduce the bit rate by 50% compared to VP8, with the same video quality.
- Apple HLS Audio-Only Stream - The Apple app store guidelines require that HLS video streaming content over a cellular network longer than 10 minutes must include a baseline 64 kbps stream. Squeeze Server 3 now has support for this audio-only stream.