1. Open Finder and go to your "Macintosh HD."*It is recommended you delete the special permissions you added to the Library and Preferences folder above after Squeeze is successfully installed.
2. Right-click on the "Library" folder and select “Get Info”
3. In the Info window click the padlock at the bottom and enter your admin password.
4. Under "Sharing and Permissions" click the [+] and add your user name to the list and click "Select."
5. Change your Privileges to “Read and Write”
6. Close the Info window for the "Library" folder*
7. Open the "Library" folder
8. Find the "Preferences" folder, right-click it and select “Get Info”
9. In the Info window click the padlock at the bottom and enter your admin password.
10. Under "Sharing and Permissions" click the [+] and add your user name to the list and click "Select."
11. Change your Privileges to “Read and Write”
12. Close the Info window for the "Preferences" folder*
13. Open the "Preferences" folder
14. Look for a file named “com.SorensonMedia.Squeeze 6.plist” and/or "com.SorensonMedia.Squeeze 4.plist" and delete it (If there are more than one .plist files with Sorenson Media or Squeeze in the name, delete them all.)
15. Unhide your user Library folder if necessary. The Library folder in your user directory is hidden by default. You will need to perform the following steps make it visible:
- Open Terminal in your Utilities folder in Applications.
- Type the following (without quotes) into Terminal or cut and paste: “chflags nohidden ~/Library/“
16. Now your Library folder will be visible and you can delete any Sorenson plist files.
17. Open Finder > go to Macintosh HD/Users/(your name) /Library/Preferences/ and delete the .plist files "com.SorensonMedia.Squeeze 4.plist" or "com.SorensonMedia.Squeeze 6.plist" If there are more than one .plist files with "SorensonMedia" or "Squeeze" in the name, delete them as well.
18. Run the Squeeze installer once more. You can download it from www.sorensonmedia.com/downloads
- Squeeze Desktop Ticket
- Squeeze Server Ticket
- Post A Public Question
- Email Sales Team
- Welcome to Sorenson Squeeze
- Why Upgrade?
- New In Squeeze 11
- System Requirements
- Quick Start
- Supported Formats
- Squeeze for Avid
- Squeeze FAQ
- Input Options
- Publishing and Notifications
- NLE Integration
- New in Server 4
- Prepare Windows Server
- Squeeze Server Installation
- Additional Format Support
- Using Squeeze Server
- Squeeze Server API