Follow these steps to combine multiple source files in Squeeze Server 4:
- Create a new Watch Folder and check the box labeled "Merge multiple videos or image sequences with sequential file names into one output within a folder under the watchfolder source directory "
- Specify your Source Location
- Your common files you intent to stitch together will need to be 2 folders deep (e.g. stitch > multiFile > IMG 1234.mov), you would then create the Watch Folder to direct to the folder named "stitch" in this example. Server then scans the folders within this directory and searches for files that are sequentially named. This allows for encoding multiple sets of common sequential files.
- Files contained within the folder need to be sequentially named for Squeeze to recognize the sequence (e.g. IMG 1234.mov, IMG 1235.mov, IMG 1236.mov, etc.)
- The following file name example will not work; 1.mov, 2.mov, 3.mov, etc. - Squeeze needs all files in the Sequence to share a prefix
- Select your desired Preset(s)
- Specify your Destination Location
- Create Watch Folder
Note: When using this feature you must be very careful that all of your "common files" are truly common, Squeeze will not compress them if it detects differences in the properties of the files.