Squeeze Server 4 has added support for exporting MXF with an additional Operational Pattern, the OP1a operational pattern. This operational pattern may include multiple tracks of audio and video that are interleaved into a single file, creating a self contained file. OP1a files can be exported by creating an MXF preset and selecting one of the three XDCAM Format Constraints.
To create an XDCAM preset you will need to use Squeeze Desktop and then upload the preset or sync your copy of Squeeze Desktop with your Server.
Follow these steps when making a XDCAM MXF file:
- Launch Squeeze Desktop 11 on Mac or Windows
- Create a new MXF Preset
- Select one of the XDCAM Format Constraints (supported combinations are listed below in the "Supported XDCAM Formats" section)
- XDCAM IMX
- XDCAM HD
- XDCAM HD 422
- Switch the Preset Settings dialog view from Simple to Advanced
- Select the desired settings using the "Main Settings" drop-down
- Select desired Frame Rate for your preset (frame rate options are restricted to the Main Setting option you selected in step 5)
- Name your custom preset
- Click OK to save your preset and prepare to import it into Squeeze Server
You can also Sync Desktop Presets with Squeeze Server