To enable port monitoring in Squeeze do the following:
- Open the Preferences menu and go to the Monitoring tab.
- Check the "Enable Remote Monitoring" box.
- Enter a port number
From another computer (or the same computer) run Telnet (in command line or console) to monitor it.
- Type in the following command from the command line "telnet [IP address] [port-number]"
- The [IP address] is the IP address of the computer running Squeeze
- the [port-number] is the port number defined for monitoring in the Preferences menu.
Telnet should then start displaying XML data for the progress of compressions.