For example, you can take video saved on your DV camera and, using a firewire cable connected to your computer, pull the video files directly into Squeeze without having to save the files to your hard drive or network drive. You can also set up the DV source to stream and record content directly from a live feed, like you might do with a Webcam. Once the content has been captured from your DV source or live stream, you can then begin compressing the file.
To Capture Video:
- Connect a camera to your computer via Firewire and then click the Capture option in the Input Options Window. This will open the Capture Video Window.
- Press Play on your camera (if you are capturing a pre-recorded stream.
- Click the Capture button to begin capturing the stream from your camera.
- When finished, click the Stop button.
- Choose "Import" to finish bringing the captured file into Squeeze.