Here are the new features included in Squeeze 10:
- 4K Resolution Presets - Our latest release aims at addressing the growing demand to support 4K. We designed two specific 4K Presets, one for H.264 and one for x265 that will offer preliminary 4K output support to our users.
- HEVC/x265 Video Codec - High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC), also called H.265, is a next generation video codec successor to H.264. Squeeze 10 is the first transcoding software provider to support HEVC encoding and decoding. HEVC is designed to double the data compression compared to H.264 at the same level of video quality which translates into improved video quality at lower bit rates.
- VP9 Video Codec - The successor to the VP8 Flash and WebM video codec is an open and royalty free next generation video compression standard developed by Google. VP9 is designed to reduce the bit rate by 50% compared to VP8, with the same video quality.
- Closed Captions Embedding - Squeeze 10 has improved closed captioning support with the ability to embed .scc EIA-608/EIA-708 closed captions into broadcast stream outputs.
- Apple HLS Audio-Only Stream - The Apple app store guidelines require that HLS video streaming content over a cellular network longer than 10 minutes must include a baseline 64 kbps stream. Squeeze 10 now has support for this audio-only stream.
- HTTP Live Streaming Encryption - Squeeze 10 now supports encryption to encrypt HLS videos securely and provide an added layer of security. This new HLS security feature utilizes customized root URLs in manifest files in order to serve index files and media files from different locations. When encryption is employed, references to the corresponding key files appear in the index file so that the client can retrieve the keys for decryption.
- Multi-Rate Bundle Encoding - Squeeze 10 introduces a new concept called Multi-Rate Bundle Encoding that automatically packages files for Apple HLS, Adobe Dynamic Streaming, Microsoft Smooth Streaming, and MPEG DASH downloads by only encoding each data rate once and then packaging everything into multiple formats. Squeeze 10 is the first to introduce this rapid time-saving encoding feature.
- Simple Format Conversion Presets - Squeeze 10 introduces Simple Format Conversion presets designed to easily convert a video to MP4, MOV, and/or MKV using the x264 video codec. These new preset options are similar to re-wrapping a source file into a different format, while eliminating quality loss during transcoding.